Are you passionate about poetry? Do you keep your finger on the pulse of the local and national literary community? The Saskatchewan Writers’ Guild is seeking an Associate Poetry Editor for Grain, the journal of eclectic writing.
- Review manuscripts under the direction of the Editor—this may include looking for potential themes, and using your familiarity with the content and style of Grain to determine whether pieces are a good fit for our journal
- Provide timely reports to the Editor on submissions that could qualify to be published
- Be available to communicate with the Editor (whether by email, telephone, or face to face) about submissions and offer suggestions for revisions
- Copyediting experience
- Expertise in poetry—whether as a scholar, critic, or a published poet
- Experience working in creative team environments and must demonstrate a proven willingness to work cooperatively and collaboratively
This contract will last until December, 2012, with the possibility of extension. The position will require approximately 15 hours/month. Although the Grain office is in Saskatoon, the Associate Editor may reside anywhere within Saskatchewan.
Please send your résumé along with a cover letter that includes a brief statement explaining your philosophy of editing to the attention of the Editor, Grain Magazine, PO Box 67, Saskatoon, SK, S7K 3K1, Canada or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position must be received by 4:30 p.m. April 20, 2012.